Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I share a Trello board that is a paid product without it being public?

Robyn Towning January 5, 2022

I have a Trello board which is a digital product I have created to sell. To make it accessible to anyone who buys it I think I have to make it Public.  Does that mean anyone could find it and just get it for free though? Could anyone let me know the best way to set it up so people don't find it for free?  Thanks 🙂

2 answers

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Robyn Towning 👋

Welcome to the Community! That's correct when you make a board public it means anyone could technically find a view the board (though a lot harder without knowing the URL!) but for security reasons a number of users are unable to use this due to sensitive information on the boards. 

Unfortunately, the only ways to currently share your Trello board is to either a. invite them to be view the board at which point they will become a member of the board or b. use the Power Up External Share which does have a cost attached but will allow you to share anything from just a card to the whole board to external guests. 

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Melissa Monte January 10, 2023

This power up isn't helpful because people can only view a board and not make a copy for their own use.

0 votes
Adam Cao
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Robyn Towning, check out the External Share Power-Up: https://trello.com/power-ups/60d93bb780ee244d5d2b1edd/external-share

Here's an example of a shared board created by the Power-Up: https://trll.io/p0iyaN2Y1o/demo?pwd=UEeidwMmVfmBvhKx

Melissa Monte January 10, 2023

I'm having the same problem as OP and the problem is that users can't make a copy of the board. They can only see it. So if someone is trying to sell a board or add it as a bonus to a digital product, it's useless with this power up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events