Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set weekends as work days?

fmamitrotta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2021

I would like to set weekends as work days, in order to be more flexible with the planning of my activities. For example, at the moment if I try to set a due date on Sunday it defaults to the previous Friday. Is there a way to fix this? I tried to google this problem but it was not really clear whether this feature is implemented in Trello or not.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

Hey @fmamitrotta 

Can you elaborate on what behavior you're seeing when you set the due date. Are you setting a due date to a weekend date, saving it, then the date moves?

If so, that sounds like some automation conflicting rather than default behavior.

To clarify though, you can't consider a weekend date to be a weekday in Trello, but for the sake of setting due dates, that shouldn't cause you any trouble either way.

Let me know about that behavior, and if you can, share an example of a card's activity where this occurred.

fmamitrotta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2021

Hello Garrett, sorry for my late answer. Building on your observation, I found out that the problem I have is caused by an interaction with BigPicture, as I do not observe the same behavior in other boards without BigPicture. In fact, the behavior is explicitly mentioned by BigPicture developers: https://wiki.softwareplant.com/display/DOCUMENTATION/BigPicture+Trello+power-up+limitations

Anyway, thank you for your time.

Like Garrett likes this
Andrew Hundeby
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 9, 2021

I observed the same behavior so I uninstalled BigPicture but all my cards still react the same way.  When ever I set a card to either Friday or Saturday they snap back to Thursday.  

Just to be clear the power up has been disabled but this "feature" remains.  How do I remove this so I can put cards everywhere again?

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hey Andrew,

It sounds like you might have the Power-Up disabled, but the connection to BigPicture still exists.

If you go to https://trello.com/my/account do you see BigPicture listed under the Applications section? If you do, Revoke that and you shouldn't see it moving your due dates anymore.

Like # people like this
Andrew Hundeby
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 10, 2021

That worked, thank you so much.  It saves me a bunch of time. :)

秋山慎
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 11, 2022

Sir Garrett

Thank you so much!!

It is very helpful for me:)

ihlas aka sali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 16, 2022

Yes, same here.
Thank you Mr @Garrett 
That works for me too.

Carlos Silva October 20, 2022

@Garrett , Thank you very much, I was going crazy with the due dates! This helped a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events