Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I see the list the archived card came from?

tuuksijii I'm New Here Dec 02, 2021

Can I somehow see the list the archived card came from AUTOMATICALLY when viewing the archived cards?

It seems a bit stupid that all the cards are just archived without not being able to group them according to the list I archived them from.

My use case currently is that I use lists as certain projects, which have cards of tasks these projects need to get done. Plain and simple. Now in that situation if I archive a card, it will just get in a huge pile of things I've done with no context out of which list it came from.

Is there any plugin, setting, script or something like that that would help me in this, or should I just move to another platform?

2 answers

@tuuksijii Another alternative is to use the search function (trello.com/search) to do a filtered search using operators like is:archived board:"Board Name". So it'll look something like this: 

search archived cards.PNG

It doesn't look like it's sorted by list name, but rather when the card was archived. You could add a list operator onto your search though in order to search for only the ones in a particular list. From there, you can save your searches to easily navigate back.

Hi @tuuksijii Welcome to the community :) when opening an archived card, you can see the list it's in here:
archived card list.PNG

However, when looking at the full list of archived cards, you're right that there's no way to organize them based on any criteria.

As an alternative, you could look at moving these cards to a sort of "Archive" board when the card is archived. This archive board could have lists exactly the same as your origin board, or it could be "archived mm/yy", or whatever you like really. That way you can view all archived cards, and have them organized in a way that makes it easy to find what you're looking for.

You can use butler automation and variables in order to move the card to this archive board and ensure it's in the right list. Happy to provide more details if you're interested in setting this up!

tuuksijii I'm New Here Dec 02, 2021

It feels a bit like a botch job, a functionality that should've been there, but that work-around will do. Thanks for the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

530 views 19 20
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you