• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I search custom field value of which I know ID of custom Field.

HI,

Could you please API to search custom field value across all card and Board.

I have requirement.

Trello have LIST => Customer List.

Inside List there will be many cards which save customer data which include Custom Field Last Contact Date, and Mobile number.

Now I know the ID of both field, now when agent call to customer I need to update Last Contact Date, but for it I need to search Mobile number associated to which card and get Card ID of it, so that I can update LAST contact Date and Time.

I get all data by using below API but then it too much data to process.

https://api.trello.com/1/boards/5fe314f766XXXXXXXXXXXXX/?fields=S Last Contact Date&cards=visible&card_fields=name&customFields=true&card_customFieldItems=true&key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is there any API which which can search number directly and provide me Card ID, idValue, required to update LAST Contact field.

2 answers

@gaurav 

Short answer to your API question is not that I know off. 

You are right and depending on how many cards you have on the board, you can easily hit the data limits set by Trello.

If this is something that you do often, you probably have to set up a tinydb or just a dictionary (I write in python)of card_id and mobile number so that you get to the card with a client.get_card(table['<mobile>]).get_custom_field_by_name('last_update_details') <using py-trello>

@SGi Admin 

Is there any possibility doing this by using webhook, as I see I can monitor Board , but for CARD, I need to know card ID .
Is there any way that webhook can send data whenever card is created and when updated.

No need to monitor card with ID.

@gaurav You use webhook to capture events on the board and then decide on what to do. In your case you want, you want to update a field on a certain card based on the value of the CF on that card. 

@gaurav use idModel = board id and action == createCard (check the action value please)

@SGi Admin 

Ok, yes it did send data when mobile number is added to card , so I think this way is better way to to save data in database, though need to process data everytime when anything is updated in Board.

it would be really nice if there is API to search data based on either CustomField ID .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

171 views 6 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you