It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I retrieve all of my archived cards from the last 18 months (in bulk)?

My company uses Trello as a project manager for the Art Dept. and we'd like to create a client list of sorts for each artist's board for each year. 

We each create a new card for each order that's processed through our department, so each card has a specific Purchase Order number & the approved proof before production began. After it was produced, we archive the card as part of the order process.

Now I'd like to adjust our process a little:
For each artist I'd like to have a client list for 2017, 2018 and 2019 and put all cards (orders) handled that year in that designated list in that artist's board. BUT to do so would require UN-archiving all of each artists' board's archived cards.

I can't find anywhere where it explains how to do this in bulk. Would we have to go back and search for each card then click Send to Board?

I thought about using Butler to help do this, but I was told it only handles actions in groups of 10 and then, of course, there is the weekly action limit & we already use Butler for minor automation throughout each week.

I'd venture to guess each artist has 300-800 cards per year since we started using Trello. The year with the most to retrieve would be 2018 since we only used Trello for a few months at the end of 2017.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? PLEASE help!

Thank you!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jan 17, 2019

@Ken Young this is something that could be automated pretty easily using Trellinator which is a Google Apps Script framework for doing what Butler basically does but in more for a "real code" environment:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/trellinator

We ended up using our slow time in the office to do it manually. We know this is a problem now, so we'll avoid archiving cards the way we did before (developed a more organized way) so that we won't have this issue again.

Thank you though!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,639 views 15 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you