Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I not get email notifications every time someone updates or moves a card in Trello?

Beth Holmes-Bozung June 7, 2019

I'm a member of two boards with two different colleagues. I'm getting buried in emails like "7 new notifications on [board name]," for things like [user] moved the card to Waiting (which is a column). I do not need to know every time a colleague changes the status on every task. I only need to know when I am mentioned. How do I configure that? 

Also, why isn't Trello listed as an option here to Tag?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2019

Hi @Beth Holmes-Bozung you put this card under the Trello thread so it is automatically tagged with Trello. You get notified on boards you are watching, and when you are mentioned. If you only want to receive notifications when you are mentioned you should unwatch the cards you are getting all these notifications on. 

This article gives additional information and will walk you through how to turn off email notifications, so you can just get notified on the app. That will help alleviate the overflowing inbox.

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

Beth Holmes-Bozung June 10, 2019

Hi Jodi -

I looked at the boards and cards from which I received notifications that the card was moved, and neither the board or the card was flagged as "watch" for me. I had been mentioned previously in the card, but not in this case. What am I missing?

Turning off all email notifications means I wouldn't get the ones I actually need to see, like when someone mentions me because they need an answer to keep the task moving. 

Thanks!

Like melissa_harris likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2019

Hi @Beth Holmes-Bozung I found a solution on how you can turn the moving cards off without missing a crucial update. Please see item two at the following link, it explains it really well:

https://blog.trello.com/5-features-for-fine-tuning-trello-boards

Please let me know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Jodi

Beth Holmes-Bozung June 11, 2019

Hi - I read through that article - it appears "subscribe" has been replaced by "watch" in current version of Trello. I don't see subscribe as an option to uncheck. If it's now Watch, that's not selected on any cards, lists or the board that I can see.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2019

Hi @Beth Holmes-Bozung I am at a loss on what to try next, this may be a new bug that will need to be reported directly to Trello. You may contact them at support@trello.com I hope this will resolve the notifications issue.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

Hi @Beth Holmes-Bozung I know you mentioned you are not following cards, but could  you possibly be following the board itself? Could you go to Show menu, watch and see if you are? There would also be an eye symbol on the horizontal line above your cards (title bar) on the right hand side. You may have already tried this but just in case I wanted to mention it to you.
Thanks,
Jodi

Beth Holmes-Bozung June 14, 2019

Hi - the board was not flagged to watch. I will send it to support. Thank you for the respsonses!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2019

Thanks @Beth Holmes-Bozung when you hear back from support and your situation is resolved, would love for you to share the outcome on this thread as it may help others.

Thanks,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2019

Hi @Beth Holmes-Bozung has this been resolved for you?

ydsworld
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2020

Hello, how do I turn off auto-watch for all cards in my board? I am not watching the board, but don't want to manually unwatch every card as they are set to "watch" by default. Did Trello fix this yet? I just want email notifications for cards where I'm tagged or manually set to "watch"

Like melissa_harris likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events