Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I move a card from 1 list to another with automation?

Ken Savage April 20, 2021

I have a TypeForm intake form that when completed adds a card to a trello list called intake. When the email address from that form/card pays an invoice using PayPal or Stripe I'd like to move the card to a new list called paid.

Is something like this possible and if so how does the automation know what card to move?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

@Ken Savage 

You will need to find a way to give PayPal or Stripe a reference such that when a payment is confirmed and channelled back to Trello you can use that reference from within Butler. For example, my uk client uses Takepayment Pay by Link and payment confirmation is returned to Trello via mail to Trello. Given this you can associate one card with another. 

Note: he is migrating from Paypal because of the charges but he had used some reference there. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

@Ken Savage 

I have not worked with Typeform for sometime. The last time was to extract values off the typeform attachment to the card.

Presumably you have an email on your intake form. The email address you see at the back of the card sitting within the Typeform variables is not accessible by Butler. You can manually copy it out or write some code.

In considering what you want to use as reference, it must be one that used on a "find/lookup card" Butler action.

Ken Savage April 21, 2021

@milynnus would just using the same email address work?  Not sure how I would carry over a variable from PayPal to Trello.  Any suggestions?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2021

@Ken Savage 

Any variable will work as long as you can get to the intake card. You will need a tool like zapier. 

Ken Savage April 22, 2021

@milynnus would this be something that you would be interested in helping me as a small job?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2021

@Ken Savage 

Sure. My profile has my contact details under website. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events