How can I make my cards show up on "home" on the mobile app?

Demiana May 11, 2021

Hi!

I am having an issue with the mobile app of Trello, specifically, when I go to home (the second symbol at the bottom), no cards show up at all. There is just a notification that cards will show up if I create some. But I already have created a lot of cards, with due dates, and I am certain that it used to work out well before until a few weeks/months ago.

When I go to the website, everything shows up fine and I can sort all cards that I have by due date, just as I want to.

Does anyone else have this issue and knows how to solve it? I've been checking if I maybe need to change any settings but can't find anything, and as I said, the issue only appears on the app, not on the website.

3 answers

0 votes
Molly Bingham April 20, 2022

I am also having this issue - ie I have "Your Items" on my desktop version which tidily shows my tasks by due date, but I cannot find the same funcitonality on the mobile app.

When i go to "My Cards" on the mobile app i only see two old cards, neither of which have a due date.

I'm on ios and recently upgraded to standard so I could have the assignment/task and due date functionality.

Thanks for any advice as the mobile app is generally awesome to use on the fly and I'd be well served to be able to see my tasks due on my phone, right?!

0 votes
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hey @Demiana 

I've observed that the 'Home' display only shows 'activity' criteria, three of them to be precise. These include:

• Highlights - These are cards that have recently had comments added to them
  • Up Next - Cards that have an impending due date
  • Your Items - This is specific to Trello Business Class, whenever you are added to a checklist item, those cards will appear here

There doesn't appear to be a documented (here) way to force things to appear on home. I've tested and this functionality is mirrored on mobile.

Note: The main difference I've noticed between the mobile and web versions of 'home' is the mobile version doesn't show starred or recently viewed boards.

I know this doesn't help fix your issue, but it might help to explain what you are seeing and hopefully makes it a bit clearer :-)

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hey @Demiana 👋

Welcome to the Community! I wonder if the cards have been created by or run off of a Power-Up at all? Usually when cards don't show up on the mobile (app) version of Trello it's because the app doesn't currently support any Power-Ups.

If you could let me know if you currently have anything set up on this board I can hopefully help you get to the bottom of it 😃

All the best,

Laura

Demiana May 12, 2021

Hi, thanks for the answer!

I actually managed to solve the problem; I had to add myself as a member to every card that has a due date, and now it all shows up again!

I am only using a calendar Power-Up for every bord.

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Fab, I'm glad it's all back up and running for you again Demi 😃

Like Sarah Preston likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events