Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make a single label list for multiple boards

Тигран Оганджанян
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2022

I have several boards, and a large number of labels, which should be the same on all boards. Moreover, new labels appear every week and I would like them to be copied automatically to the lists on all boards. How can this be implemented?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Тигран Оганджанян ! Welcome to the community :) For the moment, most data in Trello is stored at the board level. So labels, custom fields, and lists. There is currently no way to create these things at a higher level like the workspace level.

You could create workarounds with automation, but I'm not sure they'll be the most sustainable approaches. For example, Zapier has the ability to trigger an automation when a new label is created and the action can be to create this label on other boards. However, you need to choose the board in your trigger; you can't say "when a new label is created on any board". So perhaps it will work if you have a "Master" board that is your source of truth. And any new labels etc. that get added there are propagated to all boards.

You could set up something similar using butler automation as well.

I'd suggest submitting a feature request to make labels exist at the workspace level for a more longer-term solution though. You can do this via https://trello.com/contact#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events