Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I look up an archived card automatically?

Clarisse Suganuma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 9, 2023

Hi everyone!

I use Trello to organize the interviews pipeline. I would like to create an automation that we can find archived cards that have the same name that this one that I'm creating.

For example, if I'm talking with the candidate "Example", I would like to check automatically if anyone in the company had already interviewed the candidate Example in the past, so I can have the history of this candidate in our select processes, and continue to write my notes in this card that is already created.

I did an automation that you can find and link cards with the same name, but it only searched in the open cards, not in the archived ones, and I would like to make this search automatically in all database.

Is it possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2023

@Clarisse Suganuma i don't believe automation will let you look at archived cards, but do they need to be archived? Or, could you create a board called "Archived" and when you're done with a card move it there instead of actually archiving it? 

If so, then you could use that automation to find and link cards with the same name, and you would just use the Rules section of automation to trigger those actions when a new card is created. 

Clarisse Suganuma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 10, 2023

Amazing @Brittany Joiner 

Thank you for the insight, I'll apply that!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events