Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have Butler delete a linked card by removing a label on the original card?

Shelley Barendregt April 9, 2021

Hi!

I have an automation with Butler that when I give a card a certain label, it will copy this card to another list in the same board. What I'd like to achieve is that when I remove the label, it will archive the COPIED card from the list it was copied to. I can't figure out how to make this happen, any help would be much appreciated! :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Hi Shelley,

Probably the easiest approach is to add another step to the first rule that links the two cards together, which you can do with the link icon at the end of that action:

CleanShot 2021-04-13 at 14.39.07.png

Once you establish that link between the cards, your next rule can find the card that's linked, and then your actions can proceed from there:

image.png

You could also do this by finding another card based on the {cardname} variable, but that'll end up being a little more finicky, and if you have a link right to the copied card, you'll always know you're going to the right place.

Shelley Barendregt April 14, 2021

Thank you very much Mike, this works perfectly! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events