cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get an overview of all tasks assigned to me over multiple boards

naomi.romanutti April 2, 2020

Hi

In my team we are using several boards. 

I also have my one "to-do" board for the overview. 

Whenever I am 

• assigned to a card
  • mentioned in a comment (@me)
  • assigned to an item in a checklist

I'd like the card to be mirrored (or a new created) in my List To Do's. 

Is this possible? 

Thank you for the help.

Naomi

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

@naomi.romanutti this is what BenkoBoard does:

https://trello.com/integrations#benkoboard

it additionally allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client, and unwatches all cards you're added to (so you only get notified about being added to a card, mentioned in a comment and removed from a card).

naomi.romanutti April 9, 2020

thanks! 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

Hi @naomi.romanutti 

Welcome to the Community!

This is totally do-able with Butler! Woohoo!

If you open Butler (on the master board that all you tasks are added to) you could make a rule that looks something like this.

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 14.36.39 (1).png

That would get any card that's assigned to you into your list. For reference, my primary board is called Desktop, but yours would be whatever your board name is!

Obviously, this one is me! So you'd need to change that bit!

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 14.39.24.png

And this one is for checklists:Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 14.39.41.png

If any of these pictures don't make sense, please come back to me and I can step by step with you!

Esme :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

However, I should stress that none of these would include any changes that someone on the originating board could make to the cards once you've got them into your preferred board.

So if someone changes a task in a checklist or a due date on the original board, this would be reflected in the 'connect' but not on the card in your board. For example, if you copied a card into your board and linked them together and when you copied it in it had a due date of 15th April, and then someone went into that card and changed the due date to 10th April, the due date on your card in your board wouldn't change (although the new due date would be reflected in the little card front that would show in the Trello attachments).

There are ways to get around this, further Butler commands that will cascade due date changes though, so if this is something you need, please let us know!

Esme :)

naomi.romanutti April 9, 2020

thank you!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events