Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I generate a report?

mbarber148 March 6, 2021

I am 100% novice and do not understand any of the information on the support website when it comes to generating reports. I use Trello with my coworkers to manage workflow on writing and publishing articles on our website. Everyone collaborates to create cards for dozens of daily posts, which a smaller group of us publish on the site. We are volunteer based and have zero budget. But we have over 40 volunteer authors. We have columns for "Stories;" "I'm Working on This;" "Done;" "Published;" and "Spiked."

I am desperately trying to find a way to generate a weekly report that will give me a breakdown of the activities of all users. I'd like a report that shows each user and lists the total number of cards that they moved to "Done." I know this needs to be done through the "Calendar" option in Butler, but I literally have no idea how to make this happen. I tried reading similar answers but I really don't understand any of the directions. 

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

@mbarber148 you could use this Butler command to keep track:

when a card is moved into list "Done", find a card titled "{username}" in list "Report", and increase the number in custom field "Completed" by 1

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2021

@mbarber148 

fyi, the report action will not give you count. If you need it by member, you need to use different report variables include them together eg in the email body. 
The new business class has a dashboard by members. 
There may be a power up what you need but there may be $$ attached. 
Use filters on the board, that might just work for you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events