Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find a template board that is NOT part of the template gallery

Pete Berkhout May 19, 2023

As a start for a school project I set up an (SCRUM) board, made it a template, made it public. But my students cannot find my template, although they have the exact name of the template.
It seems the search bar only searches within the template gallery. No problem, as my template is only intended for a small group of students. But how can they find my template when it is set to public but NOT part of the gallery?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Hi @Pete Berkhout and welcome to the community,

Isn;t the template available here when trying to create a new board?

trello template.png

Yes, the template is visible there. But others cannot find it when creating a board from template. As my template is public, others should be able to find it.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Thank you Alex. This is a possible work-around. It is not though what is promissed by the idea of a template. 

Once I create a board, then make it public, then create a (public) template from it. Then others on the internet should be able to find that template, is it not ?

Sadly, that doesn't seem te be the case. 

I had already implemented the suggested solution, with a twist. I added my students to my board but as observers. Then told them to copy the board. No need for me to make a copy of my board, since the students cannot change the board as observers.

Question1: is there any use in creating a public template? 
Question2: What would be the benefits of a public template over the above solution?

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

I believe that public templates are for members of a workspace. To make it available to public you have to follow another route.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events