Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I filter the calendar view in Trello to only show specific lists?

Terry Greenberg July 31, 2018

I have a Trello board with many lists.  Each list for me represents a crew that is assigned work.  I probably have 12-14 different crew lists on my Trello board.  Each card represents a project and those cards get dragged to a list for a crew to work on them.  I assign due dates to the cards.  I can switch to calendar view to see all of the cards for each date, but since I have so many lists (crews) the calendar view gets messy.

How can I filter the calendar view to only show a specified list?  There does not seem to currently be a filter option for this.  Is there an extension available?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2018

Hi Terry,

No, you're right, there isn't a direct option for this. If you activate a Filter on the regular Board view, and then switch to the Calendar, the Calendar will also respect that filter. There's no filter for which list cards are in, though, but perhaps that option will prove useful? You can filter by labels on a board, or due date, or by assigned member, so you may have other ways to filter that Calendar view!

Tami Liss October 6, 2021

Old post, but has this feature been created?

Like Admin Manager likes this
Daniel Mee September 19, 2022

Not from what I could see... which is why I went searching for why and ended up here. Doesn't seem to be a lot of people having the same issue though so maybe not many find this a big problem...

Tami Liss September 20, 2022

I got around this by creating Labels to represent each list.

However, this does mean each card now has to have another label, and Labels have their own limitations such as limited colors if you're trying to color-code, and no ability to control the order of the labels as they appear on the card (because this is for some reason determined by the color, which Trello wants you to use for both general Labelling AND Priority).

These are especially frustrating since Calendar view's options include collapsing the labels to show only the color bar, or displaying only as many labels (1-3 depending on their length) as the space of a calendar square can accommodate. I mention these because, like the request above, they are features that have been asked about since 2018 and I think at this point it's important to drive home just how much development has stagnated. 

D. N. February 17, 2023

I totally second the request, it'd be a really useful feature. Is there a feature request list so we can upvote it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events