It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I filter cards which are labeled but not with a specific labels? Edited

Hi,

I would like to filter cards which don't have specific labels.

E.g. the cards I'd like to filter have labels, e.g. A and C, but not B. I would like to filter them by using something like "show cards with various labels, but label not B"

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

Hi 

From the board, pick Show menu >> Search Cards >> No labels

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-cards-on-a-board

Thank you, but the cards I'd like to filter have labels, e.g. A and C, but not B. I would like to filter them by using something like " show cards with various labels, but label not B". Do you have any suggestion for that case?

You can use the tips that I already give and select all the wanted labels except B.

I guess my case is more complicated.

In most cases cards have labels A,B,C .

So even if I select only labels A and C, cards with labels A,B,C are shown, too, because they are labeled with A and C. Therefore, I would like to use an option which says "Show cards without label B", so it shows only cards without label B -> shows cards with labels A,C; shows not cards with label A,B,C

Do you have any suggestion for that case?

You can create a board button with a command like this 

create a report in variable "Myreport" with all cards without the B label using pattern "{cardname}", and create a new card with title "report" and description "{$Myreport}" in list "Report"

When you press the button on the board, you create a report card which description contains the cardnames without specific label.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,550 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you