Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I filter cards which are labeled but not with a specific labels?

Saskia.Wunder January 8, 2020

Hi,

I would like to filter cards which don't have specific labels.

E.g. the cards I'd like to filter have labels, e.g. A and C, but not B. I would like to filter them by using something like "show cards with various labels, but label not B"

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Hi 

From the board, pick Show menu >> Search Cards >> No labels

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-cards-on-a-board

Saskia.Wunder January 13, 2020

Thank you, but the cards I'd like to filter have labels, e.g. A and C, but not B. I would like to filter them by using something like " show cards with various labels, but label not B". Do you have any suggestion for that case?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

You can use the tips that I already give and select all the wanted labels except B.

Saskia.Wunder January 13, 2020

I guess my case is more complicated.

In most cases cards have labels A,B,C .

So even if I select only labels A and C, cards with labels A,B,C are shown, too, because they are labeled with A and C. Therefore, I would like to use an option which says "Show cards without label B", so it shows only cards without label B -> shows cards with labels A,C; shows not cards with label A,B,C

Do you have any suggestion for that case?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

You can create a board button with a command like this 

create a report in variable "Myreport" with all cards without the B label using pattern "{cardname}", and create a new card with title "report" and description "{$Myreport}" in list "Report"

When you press the button on the board, you create a report card which description contains the cardnames without specific label.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events