Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I easily remove markdown in Trello cards?

JKH June 12, 2019

Hi,

If I'm in a Trello card and want to paste information to the card, it automatically adds markdown formatting which does not always render in the desired way. Nice to add markdown, but I would be much happier if there was a way to easily turn it off, disable or remove formatting.

I had to take the extra step of going to a web site to strip html and then return to the card and past again - a bit of a bother. and I'm hoping there is an easier way. If I have to do that every time I suppose I will get tired of using Trello.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2019

Hey there!

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior with the default settings on macOS with Chrome. Can you let me know what OS you're using, as well as what browser? If possible, a screenshot would be helpful to see this in action too!

As a quick tip, Chrome and Firefox both have a built-in "paste as plain text" option that will strip formatting when you do a paste. Just hold down Shift when you're doing the paste on Windows or Shift+Option on Mac - the full keyboard command is:

• Windows: Ctrl+Shift+V
  • Mac: Ctrl+Shift+Option+V

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events