cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete archived lists?

Michael Kibler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2018

Dear Community,

I am Admin of a discussion board about the nomination for a reward. The Jury changed  with the beginning of the new year. So I added the new Team members. And I deleted the old team members. I put new cards on the board, deleted old ones. But if I click on "view all activity" I see all comments of former members. Is there any possibility for me as a Admin, to delete them permanently, so the new member cannot read old comments by former members? Or do I have to setup a new board?

Thx!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2018

Hey Michael

There's not a way to delete archived lists, only archived cards.  You can send the lists back to the board and archive/delete each individual card and then archive the list again.. or it might be best to make a new board.

Michael Kibler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2018

Thanks a lot - I decided to create a new board.

Like Gmwilkie George likes this
Sergio Milici
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 17, 2018

Why is not possible to delete an empty list? Are you planning to add this feature?

Like # people like this
Caue Rego June 1, 2018

what's more... why can't we archive comments and we can delete archived items? i suspect this inconsistency of data handling is due to a small dev team (responsible for the free features) who needs to overlook features as to keep things moving. :(

oh the irony... at least trello still works generally well anyway. :)

3 votes
Mark Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 3, 2018

I created a new board calling it "Deleted Lists" and moved the Lists I didn't want into that board. Then if I want I can delete that board. But it seemed like a good work around to getting them from from cluttering up my active board.

Caue Rego June 1, 2018

great idea! i was already thinking about duplicating the board, which seem to remove archived lists from the new board... but this is way more practical for ongoing needs! :)

fearchannel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 3, 2018

Great idea!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events