• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I delete a board?

I played around with a few different Project Management Systems before settling on Trello.  While doing research, I created practice boards that I do not intend to keep. How can I delete boards from my "personal" profile? 

1 answer

Hi @Cami_Bradley ,

Welcome to the community!

Please read carefully and follow the steps below!

Deleting a board

In order to delete a board, you'll need to close the board first. Closing a board is similar to archiving a card—you can leave it in your "Closed Boards" list if you think you might want to use it again some day, or you can delete the board permanently once it's closed.

Deleting a board is permanent, and deleted boards cannot be recovered.

Closing a board

Close a board by selecting "Close Board" from the board menu (open the menu, click the "More" button to expand the menu options). You have to be an admin of a board to close it. In Business Class teams, team admins can also close boards.

Close a board from the board's menu.

Once a board is closed, it is no longer visible in your Boards list and can only be accessed by clicking the Boards button at the top left of your Trello page and selecting "See closed boards..."  

Access closed boards from your boards drawer.

Deleting a board

To delete a board that you've already closed, first open your Closed Boards list. From there, you'll see a list of your closed boards, with a "Delete" button next to the "Re-Open" button for any board that you're an admin for. You can click on that button to delete the board permanently.

You can also delete your closed boards here:  https://trello.com/support/delete-board

Recovering a deleted board

Deleting a board is permanent, and deleted boards cannot be recovered.

See also

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

780 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you