Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create list-based rules for cards already in a list?

Deleted user December 5, 2020

I have created lists for following up with clients. For example, First Monday of the Month, Second Monday of the Month, etc. I have also created a rule so that all cards moved into the "First Monday of the Month" list go on my calendar on the first Monday of the month. Unfortunately I had already imported my cards to the board, so the rule won't add the due date to the existing cards. I have over 600 cards in my board and don't want to manually add the due dates. I have a few questions for the community:

Is there a way to apply the rule, or rewrite the rule so that it applies, to cards already existing in a specific list? 

Additionally, is there a way to put this on repeat so that cards in the "First Monday of the Month" list show up on the first Monday of every month?

Thank you in advance for the help!

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2020

Hi Kanessa,

There isn't a way to do this sort of bulk actions on cards that are already on boards unfortunately. You could create a trigger to speed up this process for you to quickly add the due date e.g. on a board that I used I created a rule that was triggered when a label was added to a card and added a due date. This way I quickly use a keyboard shortcut to add a label to the card which would also give it a due date.

For your second question, I'd recommend setting up a Butler rule so that cards that are added to that list are given a due date. The rule would look something like this: https://share.getcloudapp.com/ApuGk7oq

Thanks!

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events