Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change this date format?

Mark de Bra February 7, 2020

Hello, 

I working on a zap between Google Sheets and Trello. Google Sheets is using the Timzone GMT with a date format DD-MM-YYYY. When the row is converted into a card in Trello, the due date converts it to MM-DD-YYYY if DD < 12. I'm using Zapier to connect this two tools and already made changes in the date format Trello is expecting in the API connection (YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ssZ).

My question: Why is Trello switching the format in due date and how can I fix it? My timezone is in Amsterdam (GMT+1). 

Thank you in advance! 

KR, Mark  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Bernal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2020

Trello's API uses the standard ISO 8601 date format, which is the one you mentioned "YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ssZ". This is the safest format to use with our API, since it's standardized. This format will operate correctly with many other systems. The API will attempt to interpret dates in other formats, but since date formatting depends on locale, it's not always guaranteed to be correct.

Perhaps if you're using Google Sheets and Zapier, they might have a way to transform dates from your format into this one, and vice versa?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events