Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I be notified (by email) when a card is inactive for a certain period ?

Mathieu Charleux March 1, 2019

I would like to be notified when a card is inactive to see (in my board) if a card has been lagging behind or simply that none of my team members have done anything with it.

3 answers

0 votes
Jared S_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2024

Hello, All! -

Just looking into this myself. Is there an updated feature in the current version of Trello to do this on a Premium Workspace...? Really would love to have notification reminders sent to card members if X amount of days of inactive and card isn't marked due date complete or "Done" label is applied...

Thank you all so much for your helpfulness in the community to adopt this platform into our workflow! 

- Jared 

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2019

Hi @Mathieu Charleux  I use the card aging power-up. 

The Card Aging Power-Up helps you see cards on a board that haven’t been touched in a while. When enabled, cards will visibly age with inactivity.

There are two modes of card aging: “Regular” and “Pirate”. In regular mode, cards become progressively more transparent and “fade out” the longer they remain untouched. In pirate mode, cards will tear, yellow, and crack like an old pirate map.

Here is a link with more details:

https://help.trello.com/article/820-card-aging

This method will keep your inbox clear, and you can identify the inactive cards with one quick glance.

314700.png

Please let me know if this helps.

Have a great day,

Jodi

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2019

@Mathieu Charleux 

Hi Mathieu, I am the Butler Power-Up for tasks like this.

You can set up a command that says like "3 days after the card was due..." or something similar, and have an email notification sent off to you.

Note, that the email feature isn't available for free plans with Butler, but I can confirm that this feature works well.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2019

@Katrin Anger does the power up still have the inactive days variable like the bot did? Butler Bot was able to use card inactivity as a trigger rather than due date... 

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2019

@Iain Dooley No, it doesn't.

But when we ask to have it added, they will do it sooner or later.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events