It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I avoid running into a command run quota on Trello Gold?

I recently purchased Trello Gold for my personal/professional use. I had hoped that paying for the service rather than using it free would enable me to use some of "medium-weight" features such as rules and buttons without running into the command run quota as I did in the free version. It worked well for about a week and I'm now getting the same messages, "The command run quota for your current plan has been reached," and "You've reached the quota of command runs allowed during this period for your current plan."

Can someone help me understand how long the "period" is and when/if the useful buttons I made will ever be useful to me again? I don't mind paying for the Gold version since I do really value the addition of the time-saving buttons, but I don't need something as robust as the Business version (other than, perhaps, if I won't run into this quota issue). I'm relatively technologically inept, so maybe I'm just missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
Esme_Crutchley Community Leader Jan 17, 2020

Hi @Lisa Schrader 

Can you give us an idea of how many commands/rules you have running? I will be honest, I ran out of commands 10 days after getting Gold and went to Business, so I can totally understand where you're coming from. I use Trello on my own, so not with a team, so I can totally get the frustration!

If you can share screenshots of your rules and how many things you're asking Butler to do, we might be able to suggest streamlining some, or we might not be able to, but it's worth checking out.

Butler works on calendar months, so if you've used up your quota in the first week, you'll have to wait 3 weeks for it to refresh again. You might find this article helpful: Butler Features and Quotas 

Esme :)

Thank you! It's really helpful knowing that they'll reset at the new month, at least. I currently have 8 rules. Maybe I'll try removing some of the "spoil me" ones for the next cycle and see if that gives me more functionality where it really matters. I wish there was something in-between Gold and Business. Thank you again!

My apologies, quotas are reset on the first of the month.

"Quotas reset on the first day of every month at midnight GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)." (taken from Butler Features and Quotas in the notes section at the bottom of the page!).

At the moment, if you're on Gold, you're limited to 200 command runs and 2000 operations. Command runs are everything that's a 'trigger' (so a button press or automatic run) and operations is everything that you're asking it to do as a result of the trigger. 

I ran out mega-quickly! At the moment, it's the 17th and I've already used 252 commands and 537 operations, and that's been streamlined A LOT!!

If you're unsure how to see them, click on Butler on any board, then click on 'account' which will be at the very bottom on the left and it'll bring up a little window like this (remembering that I have a business account):

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 13.51.13.pngBut, I will add, that most of my boards are run on automations, hence why it's so high for an individual!

Hope that helps!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

The control freak's guide: using Trello to plan a relocation

My partner and I were planning this relocation for years. It was our shared dream to try and live in another country. As children of immigrants, we already have experienced this once, but this still ...

364 views 8 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you