Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I automate archiving a card to a specific board/list based on label?

Hi smart people! Automation question: 

• I have a board that serves as a calendar (a grant writing calendar to be specific). Each card is assigned to a specific month based on due date, then labeled with a client's name. 

• When a card is closed out, it's moved to an archive board. Right now, I'm doing that manually. For instance, "Cool Company" card on my grant dashboard would be moved to the "Cool Company" list on the archive board.

• I'd love to automate this either with Butler or Unito but  can't quite wrap my head around it. What I am pretty sure I need is something like:
    • When a card is labeled "completed" move it to [specific list name] based on [specific label]. 

Thank all! I'm not a program manager by nature so I've been struggling with this piece of my automation puzzle!

Grant dashboard example:

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 7.52.29 PM.png

Archive board example:

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 7.56.14 PM.png

2 answers

@Catherine Ashton 

Is this what you want? You can remove the label before the move.

when the red "Completed" label is added to a card

move the card to the top of list {triggercardname} on board Backup

Hi @Catherine Ashton ! You mentioned Unito - are you already using this to connect your boards? You should be able to achieve this with Unito alone. 

If you want to use Butler, I can think of a way to achieve it, but it would involve a lot of rules. Here's what they would look like for each board:

Grant writing calendar board:
"When the "completed" label is added to a card, move it to the archive board"

Archive board:
When the "Access Youth" label is applied to a card, move it to the "Access Youth" list.
When the "Austin Wardolf" label is applied to a card, move it to the "Austin Wardolf" list.
...and so on...

Yes, I have Unito already. I guess I need to poke around to see the best way to accomplish this! I definitely don't want mone million rues if I use Butler :) 

I can help on the Unito end if you need. It might be easier to do a quick screen share, so if you're open to that, let me know and we can set something up :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

934 views 12 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you