Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I auto-delete a sub-task when I archive an attached card

Asaf Hershkovitz October 20, 2020

Hello everyone :) 

It seems like a non-difficult task to perform with butler automation, but I just didn't find the right combination.

I will appreciate your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Asaf Hershkovitz October 23, 2020

Thanks community! 

The solution is:

when a card is archived by anyone, for each card linked in the attachments, remove item "{triggercardlink}" from checklist "Sub-tasks"
jhcao23 December 19, 2021

working!

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2020

@Asaf Hershkovitz 

If you have more than 1 checklist on the card remove checklist {*} will only remove the first checklist. 

But you can just remove the items

when a card is archived, remove all the items from all the checklists
Asaf Hershkovitz October 21, 2020

Hi!

Thanks for the quick answer! unfortunately it is still not working.

Just to be clear, I'm adding 3 screenshots: 1. The project, and the check-list of sub tasks (each of the is linked to a card), 2. The cards as they appear in "Inbox" list, 3. The state after deleting a card, but the sub-task did not change. I wish It will be deleted.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2020

@Asaf Hershkovitz  

Sorry I misunderstood your problem. Am I correct that you want to delete all the linked items in the checklist on the card that is archived? 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2020

@Asaf Hershkovitz  Try this.

Couple of things to note (1) Trello will not let you delete a card, so I used archive instead. (2) From testing for other questions, I know that Butler does not had more than 1 checklist in a card when using {*}. So unless you know names of the checklists, below will handle just the first checklist linked items.

when a card is archived by me, for each card linked from an item in checklist "{*}", archive the card

To work the other way around, going to inbox to collect the cards and for each card link in attachment, there is no easy way for Butler to compare things.

Asaf Hershkovitz October 23, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion!

Although it didn't work exactly as I wanted, It did helped me order the right commands for the rule! The final rule which does what I wish is:

when a card is archived by anyone, for each card linked in the attachments, remove item "{triggercardlink}" from checklist "Sub-tasks"

While "Sub-tasks" is the specific checklist name I wanted to delete from.

Thank you for the help! 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2020

@Asaf Hershkovitz  Oh you wanted to removed the linked item pointing to the card that had been archived. Glad that you got it working. 

Like Asaf Hershkovitz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events