Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I apply a checklist template to a new Trello card when using Trello on my smartphone/tablet?

RoomMate Wgtn June 25, 2023

I can access and assign checklist templates to new cards with no problem at all when using Trello on my laptop.  However, when using it on my smartphone or tablet it seems I have to create a new checklist each time.

Am I overlooking something? Your help appreciated.

Thanks,

Vicky

1 answer

0 votes
Oliver S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2023

Hi Vicky, welcome to the community! :)

Had a look on my end from my iPhone, and discovered that the "Copy items from" feature (which allows copying items from an existing checklist) which is available on web isn't available on mobile. There is an open feature request for this, and I've gone ahead and added this thread to the request. While there is no ETA, I'll pass your interest in this onto our team for consideration! :)

In the meantime, the best I can suggest in terms of a workaround would be to have a blank / placeholder card on the board with that checklist that you label as "TEMPLATE" or something similar. From there you would be able to 'Copy card' from the top right hand corner menu in the card, and this gives the option to keep checklist items when copying. Understand it's a bit manual, but hopefully it helps! :)

RoomMate Wgtn July 1, 2023

Hi Oliver

Thanks very much for your suggestion above.  I have created two new boards specifically for two checklist templates and have created a checklist on a card in one of them.  But copying the card doesn't seem to be working and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!  I can click on Copy Card ok.  Then I go out of the board, open our main board and a new card within that, but can't see how to add the copied card (checklist) to it?

Your help - again - would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vicky

RoomMate Wgtn July 1, 2023

Hello again Oliver _ i just figured it out so please ignore previous email and thanks again for your helpful response,.

Like Oliver S likes this
Oliver S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2023

Hi Vicky, so glad to hear you got it sorted! :) My pleasure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events