It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I add pictures to team members? I can only see my picture, none of the team members.

I want to add pictures to the assigned team members for easier identification at a glance. But the pictures are not displayed, only mine is visible. How does that work?

1 answer

1 vote
carolyn french Community Leader Oct 09, 2018

Hi Peter and welcome to Community!

Users will need to upload their own personal picture/avatar, and then you should be able to see them.

Does that answer your question?

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn - thank you for the answer!

No, this will unfortunately not work for me, because I manage the „to do list“ of my team in Trello without them having access themselves. These are virtual entries for the purpose of my task assignment and follow up with my team. I can not add the colleagues directly  to Trello at this time. The entries have a picture in my adressbook when I add them, but this is not shown in Trello.

Do you see any chance to make that work?

Thanks, Peter

carolyn french Community Leader Oct 10, 2018

Hi Peter, 

I'm interested to explore how you are organizing your board. When you say "virtual entries", do you mean cards in Trello? If so, you can upload the team member's picture to the card, so that it shows as the cover picture. Or you can do one list per team member, and all the cards underneath that list are assigned to the team member. That's probably the simplest way since you can't put the team members as "members" on a card since they don't have accounts/access.

Here is a simple example of that type of board organization for family member assignment.

Let me know what you think :)

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

thank you for your answer and your suggested solution!.

This was the setup that I used before, but since I want to manage tasks that will also have to be assigned to more than one team member this approach did not work properly for me. So I will use the shortnames and forget the pictures for now. This will work as well.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Peter

carolyn french Community Leader Oct 11, 2018

Hi Peter,

Sure, no problem. I'm curious if you've tried using Labels with each label representing a team member. It would be an easy way to filter and quickly see all the tasks assigned to one person (since you have potentially multiple assignees per task). 

Thanks for sharing :)

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

yes - I tried using labels, but with 14+ team members to coordinate this was too complex in the assignment process and did not provide the necessary overview.

Regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,616 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you