Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add emails to the Activity thread on a Trello Card automatically

Vanessa Moynahan March 7, 2022

Currently we have cards automatically added to a board from emails, I have noticed on a few occasions that when I forward the initial email on that email (the forwarded email) is added as an activity to the card. 

I am trying to determine what the link is and how to replicate this function in a more productive way. 

I would love to know if it is linked by a code? Reference number? The email subject line? Anything that will point me in the right direction would be wonderful. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2022

@Vanessa Moynahan 

That email is probably routed to Trello endpoint that will decode the email address into your api key, token, board and list etc. You can do the same with an endpoint that does the same thing and some translation tables. 

Update: create my version of email to board that allows for cards to be created on more than one list on a board. Instead of generating a email, it uses the CloudMailIn email address as the key to lookup on the board and list to create the cards. Labels, users and attachments are handle in the same way as Trello's email to board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events