Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I add a start date with the api?

Hey,

So I'm creating cards on my board with the API and I use the "due date" but I was wondering how to use the start date the same way?

is it possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello @roboten 

You set the start date the same manner as the due date, by setting the start object to a date:

{
   "start": "2022-02-01T21:00:00.000Z",
   "due": "2023-01-02T08:56:00.000Z"
}

You can set it when you create the card, or afterwards by updating the card.

Yes, I know, the start object isn't specifically mentioned in the REST API documentation, but then again, not every single object is; you get this from time to time with REST API documentation.

Chances are, if a user configurable object can be found via a GET, then it most likely can also be set via a POST or an UPDATE :)

Cool! Thanks man!

I'm pretty new to coding and with rest API. So far this has been my experience coding in another system as well - Feels a bit lazy that I would have to guess my way through? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,361 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you