Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How best to share contacts with Trello

Patrick Welsh December 10, 2021

Hi - I have started using trello for in our small business as a way to manage orders. I am struggling to find a good way to share our customer contact details. I want to find a way to have a single view of the customer and currently we use trello, exchange (outlook contacts) and Xero, each of which could conceiveable be used to store contact details. Ideally it would be possible to add Outlook contacts to trello cards so that each order is linked to a customer, but there is no power up I can see. 

I have tried contalist, but my feeling is that it has a poor user interface and generally feels like something meant for programmers. I need something easy to use by the team. Perhaps I need to use google for contacts and try CRMble or similar. It just seems a shame that nobody has linked outlook contacts - the outlook email integration is very good..

I'd welcome ideas, ideally which use what we have already and don't require more than a few dollars a month (CRMble is $20 monthly as far as I can see)

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Fowles December 10, 2021

@Patrick Welsh I'm a cofounder of SendBoard, the company behind Email for Trello. A lot of our customers track orders in Trello and use Email for Trello to engage with their contacts directly from the Trello card. Having all the order information and email communication on the card is a really neat way to track an order through a workflow. You can store customer name, email and telephone number against a contact, but it's not a full-blown CRM and there is no integration to Outlook. But it might be worth considering.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

@Patrick Welsh hey there! Where are are you seeing $20/mo? I think it's a max of ~$5 a month and around ~$1/mo for the basic plan (per user) https://crmble.com/pricing-plans/

Patrick Welsh December 16, 2021

thanks Brittany

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events