Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Create a Template Board to Share With Multiple Single Users?

Derek Rogers October 28, 2019

Hi folks, 

I am trying to create an informative template board that can be shared with many people without any of those selected people seeing or collaborating with each other.  Essentially I am looking to give about 50+ individuals a template of work flow process as a DIY for their own teams that I will be connected to, but none of the individuals using it would be connected to each other.  IE. they would all just receive a copy of the template and it would work in their own Trello account with me as an admin.

Is there a way to do that with Trello?

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hey Derek,

You can definitely use a template board for that, but the trick is sharing that with each member.

What I would recommend is creating the template board, copying it for a user, then inviting them as a member to the copied board. That way there's no connection they have to other members and you maintain admin control of each board.

I hope that helps!

Derek Rogers November 3, 2019

That sounds about right, but I have two questions based off that answer. 1 )Can I do this with just a personal Gold account, and 2) how do I copy and share it with a user who likely does not have Trello?

Derek Rogers November 16, 2019
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2019

Sorry for missing this, Derek.

If you want to set a board as a literal template, that requires a Business Class subscription, however you can still set up a board to essentially act as one and copy that when needed.

If you want to add a member to that copied board, you'll want to invite them by email. They'll get an invite email and can create their account to get access to the board.

https://help.trello.com/article/717-adding-people-to-a-board

Like Derek Rogers likes this
Derek Rogers November 20, 2019

Thanks for the reply Garrett.  I pictured having a separate Trello instance for each one and not  40 boards within my Trello account, but if that works, it may be the way to go initially. 

All the Best,

Derek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events