Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide a list from board - Trello

Wahid November 15, 2019

Hi

A quick question. I am trying to setup a new project board for me and my friends with a few staff members. What I want to do is the following:

1. Me and my friends to be able to see everything on that board

2. The staff members can only see certain "lists" on the board and not be able to edit them as there's some things we don't want them to see and get overwhelmed by the amount of tasks they have, so we can manually move some cards over from a list they can't see to a list they can see, basically managing their tasks in bitesize chunks. Everyone will have their own logins and the board will be shared to them.

Can it be done on the free version? Or do I need to upgrade to the other options and pay for it like the business options? Or is there a Power Up thingy that can be used for that? And if the power Up is used for that, does everyone need to install it or its done in the background already?

Hope this makes sense, thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Outright Systems Pvt. Ltd. November 17, 2019

Hi

1. Me and my friends to be able to see everything on that board

Answer : Use Trello Teams, set your team members Self joined to your boards.

2. The staff members can only see certain "lists" on the board and not be able to edit them as there's some things we don't want them to see and get overwhelmed by the amount of tasks they have, so we can manually move some cards over from a list they can't see to a list they can see, basically managing their tasks in bitesize chunks. Everyone will have their own logins and the board will be shared to them.

Answer: You can't hide Lists based upon roles/permissions. However, you can use Butler + Card mirroring PowerUPs to create a clone board + clone list + clone cards. You will need to learn Butler to make few rules to copy/move cards between lists.

Can it be done on the free version? Or do I need to upgrade to the other options and pay for it like the business options? Or is there a Power Up thingy that can be used for that? And if the power Up is used for that, does everyone need to install it or its done in the background already?

Answer : In free version, you can't use 2 powerUps, so ideally business class will require

Hope this makes sense, thanks for your help

Answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events