It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide Trello User Activity Feed

Is it possible to hide a user's activity feed?

For example, clicking the user's name shows what they're doing on other public boards, which allows the person viewing the activity to visit that public board the user is active on. Is there a way to hide this activity?

I basically create Trello boards, give them to my subscribers via a public link, but don't want them to be able to access other public boards I've created. (If that makes sense.)

OR is the best way to avoid this making it public then mass inviting people to the board?? I would like to avoid that if possible...

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan Atlassian Team Feb 24, 2020

Hi Beverley,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to hide this activity as it is activity on a public board, meaning anyone will be able to see this. In the same way that the activity is visible in the board activity, this is then reflected on your personal profile page.

One option would be to have this board as private and then instead of needing to invite people, you can use the invitation link to share with people who should have access to the board. This would mean the board activity isn't available in your public profile, but you can still share this board easily with others.

The only other workaround that I can think of would be to have different Trello accounts for certain public boards that other users shouldn't be able to find easily from your public profile. This way, those public boards will be in some way "siloed" from each other, limiting your risk a little bit more.

I hope that this helps to clarify!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,484 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you