Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden templates isn't found by automation

Hankun Yang April 29, 2023

Hi everyone,

I recently started using trello and dove into automation. My goal was to have habbit templates with checklists. Every day I want to create cards from the templates and only change the name from "Template Habbit x" to "Habbit x". But as soon as I hide the template, for obvious reasons, the automation can not find the card anymore.

Is there a solution to this or must I have a separate template list storing all my templates, which makes the ui pretty ugly imo.

BR

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Best solution, move your template cards to another board, change them back to regular cards and set the automation to copy them from there...

Hankun Yang May 1, 2023

Thanks for your reply. But I can't see the option scheduled automation to copy cards from another board. I can only copy cards from the same board (but I can copy from different lists).

Screenshot 2023-05-01 130330.png

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Screenshot 2023-05-02 163853.png

1) You can use this button to select the board you are copying from and to.  This automation can sit on either the template board or your working board

2) You can copy cards with certain filters to a board, this automation would sit on your template board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events