Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I'm new to trello and wanting to import an excel spreadsheet into trello..

My Country Escape April 18, 2022

I work in retail and we have a system where anything ordered is placed into a spreadsheet, we then follow a process until the order has been received and there is a list of tick boxes that we go through.  

I have a spreadsheet with about 10 headings and wish to be able to use in trello.  Thank you

2 answers

2 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

Hi @My Country Escape ! Welcome to the community :) Are you wanting a one-off import so the data in your spreadsheet populates a Trello board? If so, Blue Cats has an import power-up that might work for you depending on how you've structured your template and how you see it translating into Trello.

Or, are you wanting an ongoing sync with your sheet and Trello? So you're wanting the sheet to work in tandem with Trello so that if something gets updated in your sheet, it updates the Trello board? If that's the case, Unito has a 2-way sync with Trello and Google Sheets (not sure if you're using this or Excel, or something else?). This is a paid power-up by the way.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

Well adding an attachment is very simple. You can read more about this in this documentation

https://help.trello.com/article/769-adding-attachments-to-cards

However I am feeling that you want to do something "more" with this Excel file.. just not 100% what exactly would be the process. Edit it directly in Trello?

Could you please clarify?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events