It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Help to advanced search: search not only card names, but also more fields (descr.,comm,check)

Hi!

I need help to find a simple way/operator to search in all (4?) fields at the same time (e.g. card name, description, comments, checklist), and not only one field.

One field: I know that it is possible, since this is on Trellos own guidelines.

Multiple fields: I know this is possible, but i do not have a simple and easy way to do it.

MY TOO COMPLEX SOLUTION: I came up with a way to do it. But this required too much writing. My solution (example search for wording "fix it" in all 4 fields at the same time) is the following where you can simply add or -x extra search criteria: 

description:x, comment:x, checklist:x, name:x, x=fix it

WISH - ONE OPERATOR FOR ALL 4 FIELDS ("ONE OPERATOR?" = "description:x, comment:x, checklist:x, name:x")

Looking forward to hearing your inputs!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Mar 21, 2019

@Christopher_Holdgaard_Bukh have you tested searching without any modifiers? It just searches everything I think. It certainly searches more than the card title.

I believe you are right!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,506 views 12 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you