• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Help Needed for Gardening Planner

I'm looking to create a board(s) to help me manage my garden. I'm not sure whether to use 1 board for everything or several boards linked together. The main things I need are:

• A calendar to remind me of what needs to be done each month. For example, at the moment I just have 1 board (as in the screenshot).
  • Screenshot 2020-08-10 20.35.36.png
  • A visual display of the plants in my garden. At the moment I am just taking photos of them all but it would be good to have something that I can add information about each plant such as preferred growing conditions.
  • Something to act as a an area for planning development of the garden, such as ideas for next year, things to make etc.

2 answers

0 votes
Alice Causarano Community Leader Aug 25, 2020

Hi Jeremy, I've never created a Trello board for gardening plans but I think that a single board would make things more manageable.

I've jotted down some ideas, not sure if they can be useful for you or not:

• The first list of the board can be used as a place to gather ideas and info
  • Create a list for each season (instead of a list for each month) and use labels for months
  • Create a card for each plant with a photo as a cover
  • Use additional labels for more info about the plants
  • Use the Calendar Power-Up

Thanks Alice. Overall this seems a great idea, except that there are 12 months in a year and only 10 label colours. Maybe it would work if I had 1 colour for each season, eg. green for summer (June, July and August) etc. (That’s using Meteorological seasons)

I’ll give it a try but thinking it through, each plant would then have to go in a certain season whereas some plants span several seasons in terms of flowering, things to do etc. 

I’m thinking it might work by creating a separate board called Plants as a database for all my plants and then somehow link to each plant from another board called Seasons 🤔🤔🤔

Like Alice Causarano likes this
Alice Causarano Community Leader Sep 22, 2020

Sounds like a good idea. Here is an article about Using Multiple Trello Boards for a Super-Flexible Workflow, maybe it can be helpful.

0 votes

Hi Jeremy. I'm looking to do exactly the same as you and use Trello for managing gardening tasks. I started looking at one list per month  with labels for different parts of the garden. But whatever way I do it doesn't quite work. I was wondering what solution you went with in the end? Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is a Trello board?

Hi, Atlassian Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Tre...

0 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you