Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Automation Issue with Cards Created via Zoho Desk Integration

Alparslan Cavdar April 5, 2024

Hello Experts,

I’m reaching out in the hope of finding a solution to a puzzling automation issue I’ve encountered, which is proving quite frustrating. I have set up an automation process involving the creation of Trello cards through the Zoho Marketplace app integration with Trello. Specifically, when a ticket is created in Zoho Desk, it automatically generates a card in my Trello board with a due date. The card creation works flawlessly, with the due date being accurately recognized and assigned in Trello just as if I had created the card manually within Trello itself. The automation I’ve established within Trello is supposed to transfer the card to the next list once its due date is reached. Following this transfer, an alert is supposed to be sent out via a Google Chat Power-Up. This sequence works perfectly for cards that I manually create directly in Trello. However, the snag occurs with cards created through the Zoho Desk integration. Despite these cards appearing identical in every aspect to those created directly in Trello, the automation does not trigger for them. The due date comes and goes, but the cards remain static, and no alert is sent out. This has left me rather desperate for a solution, as the automation's inconsistency undermines the workflow efficiency I aimed for with this setup. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue or could offer any insights or solutions to ensure that cards created via Zoho Desk are recognized by Trello's automations in the same way as manually created cards? Your assistance and advice would be greatly appreciated as I navigate this perplexing challenge. Thank you in advance for your help and support.

2 answers

0 votes
Alparslan Cavdar April 7, 2024

@milynnus 
This is what the card looks like when it is imported from our ticketing system and the automation does not work

Screenshot 2024-04-07 104012.png

And this is what the card looks like when the automation works, when I create the card on the board myself

Screenshot 2024-04-07 104426.png

As you can see, the cards are almost identical without any deviations. I really can't explain why the automation for the tickets that are imported doesn't work

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2024

@Alparslan Cavdar 

Can you compare the activities on each of the card. 

Like Alparslan Cavdar likes this

@milynnus 
for the imported card, it's not noted under activities that i have set a due date, but for the card i created in the board, setting the due date is saved in the activities. So, i suspect that the automation doesnt recognize that the imported card has a due date because it is not visible in the activities.... What do you think how to fix that?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2024

@Alparslan Cavdar 

This is just what I had suspected. When the due date is set manually via automation, it is registered as such and any due date automation will be effective. You have to figure out a way to use that date to apply it to the card via automation. 

Like Alparslan Cavdar likes this
0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2024

@Alparslan Cavdar

It is difficult to make an assessment from reading your description. In addition to the fact that the cards are identical, there is a dependency on automation trigger. For example “when a card with a red label is moved to a list” is different from “when a red label is added to a card in a list”. You have the a card with a red label on the list but one trigger because of a move and the other is based on the fact that a label is added. Hopefully this simple example helps you in somewhere to investigate the difference between the two scenarios you described. 

@milynnus 

Thank you for your response. I haven't assigned any attributes to the cards. No labels or anything else. The only thing that distinguishes my card from cards without attributes is that my created cards have a due date and due time. The automation is: the moment a card is due, move the card to the next list on the board. And the command for the Power-Up is: The following Trello actions will be sent to the Google Chat room: Moved to a different List.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2024

@Alparslan Cavdar 

Best you engage someone to look at the automation. It is difficult to tell without some visual inspection of the cards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events