Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Automation Issue with Cards Created via Zoho Desk Integration

Alparslan Cavdar April 5, 2024

Hello Trello Community,
I’m reaching out in the hope of finding a solution to a puzzling automation issue I’ve encountered, which is proving quite frustrating. I have set up an automation process involving the creation of Trello cards through the Zoho Marketplace app integration with Trello. Specifically, when a ticket is created in Zoho Desk, it automatically generates a card in my Trello board with a due date. The card creation works flawlessly, with the due date being accurately recognized and assigned in Trello just as if I had created the card manually within Trello itself. The automation I’ve established within Trello is supposed to transfer the card to the next list once its due date is reached. Following this transfer, an alert is supposed to be sent out via a Google Chat Power-Up. This sequence works perfectly for cards that I manually create directly in Trello. However, the snag occurs with cards created through the Zoho Desk integration. Despite these cards appearing identical in every aspect to those created directly in Trello, the automation does not trigger for them. The due date comes and goes, but the cards remain static, and no alert is sent out. This has left me rather desperate for a solution, as the automation's inconsistency undermines the workflow efficiency I aimed for with this setup. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue or could offer any insights or solutions to ensure that cards created via Zoho Desk are recognized by Trello's automations in the same way as manually created cards? Your assistance and advice would be greatly appreciated as I navigate this perplexing challenge. Thank you in advance for your help and support.

1 answer

0 votes
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2024

Hi @Alparslan Cavdar - That sounds very odd! As a test, could you try manually updating the due dates on the cards for about 5-10 minutes ahead then see if the automation triggers when the card is due? 

Can you also confirm whether or not the automatically created cards and the manually created cards are in the same list? When using 'The next list' option, cards will only move if there's another list to the right of it it. 

Alparslan Cavdar April 10, 2024

Hello @Lam ,
when I manually change the due date, the Card is updated and the due date is added under activities, which then causes the Card to be moved to the next list at the specified time.
It seems that the due date is not recognized for an imported card. So I have to manually set the due date on the card again so that trello recognizes the due date, even though the due date is already stored on the imported card.
The cards are all in the same list and should be moved to the next list to the right when the due date has expired. However, this only happens with the cards that I create manually in the trello board

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events