Hangouts button dissapeared from my board

Peter Bagi May 4, 2022

Hi Guys,

Up until recently I was able to make video calls with a simple click of a button in my board, but logging in today I just realized Hangouts button has disappeared.

Hangouts is still enabled in my power-ups and I did try disable and enable it again with no luck?

Any idea why would this be?

Also if it is because of Hangouts is not supported by Trello anyomre, is there an another equally simple free video call power-up to use?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2022

Hey @Peter Bagi - we've recently removed the Hangouts power-up, as Google has sunset the Hangouts service in favor of Google Chat - see https://support.google.com/chat/answer/9854901

In terms of other power-ups that allow video meetings, there's join.me in the Power-Up Directory - I've never personally tried it though.

Felix

Soukaina DERAOUI May 11, 2022

@Felix I am trying to connect my Trello account (Premium Trial) with Google Chat (Google Workspace Essentials Starter - Free Plan). I have followed the steps mentionned in this article : Trello for Google Hangouts Chat - Trello Help.

I would like to receive messages (alerts) about the progress of my tasks directly in a specific Google Chat Space or conversation.

Actually, I was able to activate the Power-Up Hangouts Chat in Trello but I couldn't connect Trello with the Google Chat. Everytime, this error is shown : failed to enable Hangouts Chat for this board (see picture below).

Finally, can you confirm if Google Chat is supported by Trello ? If not, is there any other way to connect Trello with Chat ?

Thanks

Capture-trello.PNG

Like Peter Bagi likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events