Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO SET A COVER COLOR ON MY TRELLO CARD AUTOMATICALLY

Mattis PASSARD January 15, 2024

Hello,

I'm using the Trello Power-Up that allows creating a card with Gmail (new email = new card).

I want all the cards I create on this board to have the red color as their cover color.

I'm using the Trello MAPS on one of my Trello boards that lists all my cards of all my board (sync 6 Trello’s Board), the other cards are not created automatically but through a template with a color.

I haven't found a rule that would allow me to change the background color of a card when creating it.

Thanks You,

Mattis P.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2024

Hi,

You can use Trello automation in combination with the Trello API.  Its slightly more advanced than a normal automation...

Ensure notifications are on because I will put this out as an article by the end of the week and I will share the link on here.

Mattis PASSARD January 16, 2024

Thanks You Mike for your answer,
I have never use the Trello API, I'm using simple Power-Up by Trello. I'll try but have you some steps ?

I have found on https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-cards/#api-cards-id-put :

"cover": { "color": "x",  

I dont know today how to set.values but it is the good way ?

Thanks you,

Mattis P.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2024

Hi @Mattis PASSARD 

Here is a reply to get you going, I will put this into an article soon...

Firstly, make sure you check out this video:

Here is an automation command that will match the card cover to the label colour...

when any label is added to a card, put to url "https://api.trello.com/1/cards/{cardidlong}?key=[enteryourapikeyhere]&token=[enteryourtokenhere]" with payload "{\"cover\": {\"color\": \"{labelcolor}\", \"size\": \"normal\"}}"

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (22).gif

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events