HELP - New Search bar view is **TERRIBLE**. Please go back to the old way.

Adrian Strench June 6, 2022

New Search bar view is **TERRIBLE**. Please go back to the old way.  Is is much easier than opening up another page to view results.  If you having the same issue with the search please comment and ask Trello to change it back.  The more people that comment the more they will change it back.  

**Dont Fix Something that isn't broken**

3 answers

0 votes
Tiffany Yue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2022

👋 Hi @Adrian Strench , thanks for your post!

I'm Tiffany, the PM on Trello's Search team. What you (and @David walker ) are seeing is the incremental rollout of a new experience (which is also why @Brittany Joiner , you're not seeing it yet). We know that having a modern search experience is important to quickly finding your work, so the team been hard at work updating the look and feel. You can learn more in this support doc.

That said, we understand that change can be frustrating and there's always room for improvement. Could you please share more about your difficulties? Based on "opening up another page to view results," it sounds like you might be experiencing one of two things:

1. Are you frustrated by being redirected to the /search page? That would be caused by pressing the "Enter" key immediately after typing in your query. If yes, try simply waiting a few moments to get your list of results.
  2. Are you looking for more information on the card directly in the search dialogue? If yes, we're on it! We've been exploring how we could bring some of these card details, like labels, back to the search results. It would be great to hear what information is most important for you.

Looking forward to your response,

Tiffany

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

@Tiffany Yue thanks for sharing this article! I actually think this new search looks pretty handy. Is there any way that I can get it enabled? I didn't see it in labs. (Also as an aside, it would be cool if community leaders could get updates about stuff like this rolling out so I'm not so surprised/confused when I see questions like this.)

Adrian Strench June 7, 2022

@Tiffany Yue Thank you for our response.  As per your questions,  I like the when old search showed labels to the cards and what list the search item is in.  This is every important information when doing a search.  The new way didn't do that.  

Right now Trello search seems to working the old way.  Please don't change it.

Tiffany Yue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Adrian Strench

Thank you. It helps to hear directly from customers like you, and we appreciate your patience as we work on improvements.

Please hang tight a little bit longer - we'll take those two details (list name and labels) into strong consideration. I'll follow up with any updates!

Best,

Tiffany

Tiffany Yue
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2022

Hey @Brittany Joiner ,

Awesome to hear that you're a fan 😄 Unfortunately, I'm not aware of an easy way to enable the experience for specific users right now. Let me double check, and I'll update if I come across one!

Feedback on the heads up noted ✅. We appreciate your leadership in building this community, and want to enable that as best we can.

Regards,

Tiffany

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

@Tiffany Yue thanks!!

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

@Adrian Strench hey can you show me a screenshot of what it looks like? I'm wondering if i don't have it yet. 

Tiffany Yue
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2022

Hey @Brittany Joiner ,

That's likely the case -- the new experience looks like this:

Best,

Tiffany

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
0 votes
David Walker June 7, 2022

It's horrible. Im going to look for an alternative to Trello

Tiffany Yue
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2022

👋  Hi @David Walker ,

Would you be able to share what is frustrating for you? See my above response for more context. 

Best,

Tiffany

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events