Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest status not updating when I select member

Leá May 8, 2023

Hi there, 

I am trying to set up some new employees as members, but even though I have chosen "Member" on the dropdown menu on the right (as you can see in the screenshot) they still show as "Guest" or "Invited as Guest".  How do I fix this? 

Trello.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hi @Leá Are these employees existing Trello members?  I recall it won't update that status until they have verified their Trello (atlassian) account

Leá May 9, 2023

Thanks for you response! I can check to see if they have actually verified their accounts, but all of them are now in Trello and have edit access, but they still show as guests.  Does it even matter if they have access? 

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Ahhhh, I didn't spot this the first go round:

Trello.jpg

They are board members but they are workspace guests, that means they haven't been added to the workspace.  They have full member rights on the board but they as workspace guests they cannot see any workspace info, just the boards they are members of.  This is all perfectly fine and normal.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023
Leá May 10, 2023

This is incredibly helpful, thank you so much!  That did the trick! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events