Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Guest invite link doesn't work

HI, does anyone know what to do when a guest's invite link doesn't work? I don't desire to add this person as a member, just as a guest on a board, but when they click the invite link it says the board doesn't exist. I've tried generating new invite links but it always gives the same link. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Diva Diaz 

welcome to this wonderful community ☺️

Do the people you want to invite already have a Trello account? I had some trouble sharing my boards with users with new accounts that was set on full private. 

Maybe you wanna have a look here. 

0 votes
G subramanyam Community Leader Aug 07, 2021

Hi @Diva Diaz welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Could you please check if the below suggestion from Trello team works for you:

"Please note that a shareable link generated by a member will only work if the generating member has invitation permissions at the time the link is being redeemed. Once you remove a member from a Workspace or board, their shareable links for that Workspace or board won't be redeemable. However, if a member is being removed from a board and then added back, any invitation links that they had created will continue to work".

Also please check the below link and next steps:

Trello shareable link 

Trello support contact 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,304 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you