Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray labels don't appear on cards but appear inside card view

floky April 11, 2020

Weird Trello issue!

As you can see in the below screenshots, when trying to set a gray colored label on a card, it doesn't display the label on the card in the cards list, but it does show it when opening the card.

The issue is 100% repro. For other label colors it works as expected.

Any ideas?

Annotation 2020-04-11 131430.jpgAnnotation 2020-04-11 131524.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2020

Hi @floky 

Grey labels are 'hidden' labels, they don't show up on the front of the card.

They're useful for things like Butler, to sort or schedule a command based on a label, but you don't necessarily want that label to be seen.

Hope that's helpful

Esme :)

floky April 11, 2020

Oh wow! I missed that! Ok. This wasn't obvious at all from the Labels user-interface. :)

Thanks for the quick reply! Indeed it is mentioned in the documentation.

I guess I was expecting it to be differently drawn in the labels interface or at least separated from the rest of the labels because of its different behavior. :D

I just noticed that in one situation the labels UI clearly mentions next to the color that it won't show up, but in the main labels list where all the label colors are displayed the UI doesn't show anything related to this and I think this is why it was an easily missed behavior.

Have a nice day!

Robin Wilson July 31, 2020

Agree, if a thing behaves differently to the similar items around it, it should be differentiated in some way, otherwise causes confusion - like this.

floky July 31, 2020

Yep. It's basically an UI -> UX principle.

Hopefully this will get a redesign in the near future. Currently seems more of a hack to serve other behaviors.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robin Wilson July 15, 2020

Still happening, I confirm repeatable.

Robin Wilson July 15, 2020

No Grey Label Trello Annotation 2020-07-15 110054.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events