Google calendar does not synchronize/update when new calendar entry is made in Trello

Hi

when I add a new calendar entry in Trello for a card it does not update in Google calendar.

it only works when i create a new URL iCalendar-Feed and then add a new calendar in google. then all entries are shown.

if i then add a new calendar entry in trello, again, it will not show in google calendar.

I read that google only updates about once a day, but i created the entries yesterday and can still not see them in google calendar.

thanks for helping

1 answer

0 vote
Matthew N Community Champion Jun 23, 2017

Hey Andrea

The process can be a bit finnicky at times, sometimes you'll see it sooner, sometimes later. It all depends on when Google pings the server for the updates.

I would recommend using a 3rd party called Cronofy for Trello to sync your board to your calendar. Cronofy is a bit more reliable, and allows for quicker updates than iCal.  

Hope that helps!

Thanks Matthew! I will try it and post how it worked....possibly next week rather than today.

Have a nice weekend!

Hi Matthew. I installed cronofy yesterday and connected the relevant calendars, but still not all entries from Trello are shown  in google calendar. Do you have another idea?

Thanks

Now the entries finally appeared! But it took more than 24 h i think. In any case that is better than never :)

Thanks again, Matthew!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,196 views 8 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot