Google Team Drive documents?

Briar Sauro May 9, 2017

Is it in the works to be able to attach documents from Google Team Drives? Or is it possible already and I am just missing it?

Thanks!

4 answers

49 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2017

Right now, access to Google Team Drives is not available. I'll let our team know, that this is something you are interested in!

Sam Siskind July 6, 2017

+1 on this. Desperately need this.

Like # people like this
Anne-Rose Serra August 6, 2017

As do I

dlowland August 15, 2017

+1 as well

Shared project docs are all in Team Drives, which is where they should be. Connecting those docs to Trello cards is essential. Creating a doc/sheet in My Drive, sharing it with the team from My Drive, only so I can attach it to a Trello card, is nutty.

Like Daniel Serodio likes this
Martin Leuschen August 23, 2017

The first collaboration tool to fully support G-Suite with Team Drives will win new customers.

So far I haven't found one that has added Team Drive support, but the search is on.

Cynthia Whitchurch August 31, 2017

Yes please!   I set up a Google Drive Team specifically for using with a Trello project as it seemed like a great way to organise collaborative files etc only to find it didn't work. Very frustrating.....

dlowland September 1, 2017

Hey, everyone who wants this feature -- be sure to vote for it in order to raise its profile. Click on the vote button next to Torben's original answer.

Nicole Archambault September 4, 2017

Also needing this desperately! It's severely hindering my ability to attach files since my team moved to a Team Drive to keep everything centralized. It would be a match made in heaven.

Briar Sauro September 18, 2017

Still waiting on this - it's starting to be a reason NOT to use Trello....

Mathieu Sylvain September 26, 2017

This is a real problem for us also. Is it on the roadmap yet.

David Wickman September 30, 2017

+1, highly needed.

Keith Forshew October 6, 2017

+1 - please let us know when it is available

Nicole Archambault November 10, 2017

Hey @Torben_trello, since this appears to have been fixed up on Google's end (per Martin's comment below), will we be seeing this fixed soon in Trello?

danielpoft December 12, 2017

We are being forced to move to Team Drive, and now this is a problem...

Like John Fu likes this
Kirk Sutton January 29, 2018

+1

Like John Fu likes this
Laura Boylan February 27, 2018

Are there any updates on this request? We're evaluating Trello but we need the ability to link to files on Team Drives, with appropriate permissions enforced within Drive for who can see what...

Like stew.johnson likes this
Matt Williamson February 12, 2019

MUST HAVE.

Ibrahima Sarr April 10, 2019

we need this feature

mark_baldwin February 10, 2020

Been a couple of years since this was posted, has there been any update, even with the brand change to Shared Drives? 

Really need this support for shared Drives (Team Drives)

Jakub Nowakowski December 22, 2020

+1

2 votes
Carel Starreveld March 22, 2018

+1 is there any update this? or an ETA when it is available?

1 vote
Eileen Potter October 5, 2017

FYI - this is not an Atlassian issue, this is a Google issue. The Google File Picker API does not support Team Drive at the moment, only Drive. (That's why files in Drive works and Team Drive doesn't.) So until Google fixes their API, third-party products like Confluence, Trello, Draw.io, Asana, etc. will not be able to pick files from a Team Drive location. 

If this issue is important to you, please click the "star" at the top of  Google Issue 36761624 so it gets re-prioritized. 

Thanks,

Eileen

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/36761624

Martin Leuschen November 6, 2017

Thanks Eileen for the link.  The latest comments there (after your post here) indicates the newest file picker API includes Team Drive support now.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/36761624   -  Comment #13

"Isn't that already supported? I am under the impression that it is https://developers.google.com/picker/docs/reference#DocsView  - DocsView.setEnableTeamDrives(boolean)"

Let's hope is easy for Trello and the other app developers to get it working.

Eileen Potter November 6, 2017

+1 Martin! :)

1 vote
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

I'm not sure if the original question was about Confluence Cloud or Server, or if it was about building support for Team Drive into Confluence itself.  But for anyone who's using Confluence Cloud and open to using a plugin, I would highly recommend Google Drive & Docs for Confluence. It does support Team Drive.  

dlowland September 5, 2017

Thanks for your answer, but the question/concern/need is about Trello support for Team Drives, not Confluence.

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

My apologies!

Ibrahima Sarr April 10, 2019

This answer solves the issue. It works fine with me now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events