Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Drive folders not organized in Trello

Andrei Tintari March 25, 2018

When I try to add an attachment from Google Drive to a card inTrello, a lot of disordered folders from Drive appear. I have a clearly defined folders structure in Drive, like Clients/2018/B2B/NameofClient/the files itself. However, I cannot use these paths: to firstly open the folder Clients, than its subfolders and so on. Is there a way to solve this issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2018

Unfortunately, we don't have control over how the folders display (or which folder display)—these are limitations of the Google API. If you search for the relevant folders, do they appear?

Andrei Tintari March 27, 2018

Thank You for the answer. Yes, the search is working. It definetely helps. But I thougt that there is somehow possible to see entire tree of the folders of first level. Anyway, thank You for help.

Drew Shafer April 17, 2018

This is extremely unfortunate. 

Our company wants to move our files from a local server to Google Drive, but the fact that the folders aren't organized when attaching from Drive to a Trello card is basically a deal breaker. 

We have multiple jobs that require repetitive information to be gathered. (ie..photos, permits, surveys.)

In the same manner as Andrei...

Our current file system is like this: Z:\(Company Name)\Simon Middle School\PHOTOS\SURVEY.

The way the power up works on Trello ends up showing the "SURVEY" folder for every job we have on file...so there's not a way to distinguish which is which. (as there are literally thousands of "SURVEY" folders on our server, each housed in separate master job folders)

This is not the case when using Google Drive from the web browser, as everything is filed according to master folder/sub folder. (Identical to our current local server folder setup)

It seems like there should be a way to make the power-up mirror the way that Google drive functions normally...instead of forcing each folder & sub folder to show up automatically.

Drew Shafer April 17, 2018

I also wanted to add that the files DO stay organized with the DROPBOX power up. 

Master folder / sub folder.

We'd really prefer to use Google Drive as it integrates with the rest of Googles apps...so the fact that this doesn't function identically to the way Drive works "out of the box" is frustrating to say the least. 

1 vote
Allen_Goldstein April 20, 2020

I totally agree with Drew, this is a serious issue and since it works so much more poorly than other's implementation of the API, I can hardly believe it is an API issue and not on the Atlassian side.

Other than using the search function, not all folders show up in any view.  This includes the ones I most need to access.

-Allen

Filipp Mitrofanov May 29, 2020

Allen, i struggling the same problem. So, if you'd find solution, please let me know!

Deleted user June 21, 2020

The Google Drive browser in Notion gives exactly the same file list as in Trello. So, this appears truly to be a limitation either of what the Google API will provide or of how the Atlassian (and Notion) queries are structured.

EDIT: The view presented in Shared Drives appears to respect the folder structure better than the top-level view presented directly from the (normal) Drive. So, one solution may be to use a Shared Drive as the root level for all other folders.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events