Gifs are not playing (animating) on Android

Using Trello from Chrome on my laptop, gifs animate (or 'play') just fine. On Android, however, gifs on Trello display as still images. Why is it that Trello can't play a gif on the Android app?

From what I remember, this is a beta feature. Is that correct? I'm really hoping that this will be standard functionality.

These are two completely different platforms, but I'm even able to play MP4 files on Dropbox Paper right from within a note. Now, like I said, I realize that Paper and Trello are two different platforms, but at least animated gifs would be great if it worked on the Android app.

Any feedback/tips/response is greatly appreciated! I love Trello, so I'm always hoping for improvements and to get some information.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Dan Lew Atlassian Team Sep 25, 2017

Hey there - I work on the Trello Android team.

We rely on tools other people made to load and display images. Unfortunately, the one that we chose does not support animated GIFs. We plan to someday switch to a different tool that does support animated GIFs, but there's no timeline on when that'll happen.

I see, thanks for the info!

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 20, 2018 in Trello

Get inspired with Trello & earn free Gold

A blank Trello board can be both a beautiful and intimidating thing. How many lists should I have? Is creating 10 labels overkill? How can I best track my progress? Is there a way...

17,125 views 0 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you