Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Internet Explorer is Unsupported screen when linking to Trello on Google Chrome

Carol Rose February 11, 2021

Why am I getting this screen today? I don't use or want to use internet explorer. Yesterday it accessed my Trello on Google Chrome... Did something change over night?

Internet Explorer is Unsupported

As of March 31, 2019 new versions of Trello are incompatible with Internet Explorer.

Please visit our Apps and Platforms page to see a list of supported apps and browsers.

If you already have a newer browser installed, you can use it to visit this URL:

Thanks!!

2 answers

1 vote
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2021

Hey @Carol Rose 

How are you navigating to Trello? A link in an email? (If so, telling us which email client you're using would be helpful!)

Or just going to trello.com via the Chrome address bar?

Thanks,

Felix

Carol Rose February 11, 2021

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the prompt response!

I was navigating through a link I'd created in an Excel spreadsheet weeks ago. It always worked. And now it works again, while for about 15 minutes today, it didn't... I got a little panicky because I'd incorporated using that link as the best and fastest way to manage several complicated processes.  

Mystery to me :) But happy it's all better now. 

Like # people like this
Adrian Durrer November 2, 2021

I'm experiencing the same problem with Google Chrome V95.0.4638.69.

In Word (Office 2016) I created a link to one of my Trello cards. Clicking on the link, it opens a website saying: Internet Explorer not supported. [...] At the bottom there is a link. If I copy the link and paste it in adress bar, it successfully opens my Trello card.

Weird how Trello thinks I'm using Internet Explorer.

0 votes
Adrian Durrer November 2, 2021

I'm experiencing the same problem right now.

I created a link in Word 2016. Once I click on it, it opens a website on my Google Chrome 95.0.4638.69 with the same Error.

If I paste the URL at the bottom in the search bar, everything works as it's supposed to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events